Ears | Sweater
HAPPY NATIONAL DONUT DAY GUYS!
Today just may be my second favorite holiday behind Christmas. National Donut Day is held on the first Friday of June each year. There’s a sweet story behind the origin of donut day too. The first donut day came about on June 7th 1938 when a young military doctor named Morgan Pett was sent to a military base. Morgan stopped and picked up 8 dozen donuts on his way there. When he arrived he handed those donuts out to wounded soldiers. He and one of the wounded soldiers decided to create a fundraiser to provide every wounded soldier with a donut! The Salvation Army still celebrates with giving out donuts.
NATIONAL DONUT DAY ROUND UP
I’ve picked out a few of my favorite donut themed items for you all. Go ahead and deck yourself out. We can all look a little crazy together!
- Rainbow sprinkle SCENTED donut pillow.
- Strawberry donut sunglasses.
- I’ve had enough of pink donut floats. Try out this awesome mint donut float.
- Donut midi rings!
- I think this donut purse would have really completed my outfit today.
- I go nuts for donuts keychain. You best believe I have this on my keys!
- This may be a mens sweatshirt but that isn’t going to stop me from wearing it.
- HOW CUTE is this phone case!?!? *adds to wish list*
- Shower in pink sprinkles with this shower curtain!
In honor of National Donut Day, a few chains are giving away donuts for free! For example, Krispy Kreme is giving a free donut to anyone who visits their stores today. The best part? No purchase necessary. Dunkin Donuts is giving a free donut with every drink purchase.
If you’re a local reader you’ll want to head out for a few freebies! After all Richmond was just named the 3rd best city for donuts. Country Style Donuts is giving a free coffee with purchase. Dixie Donuts and Duck Donuts are both giving a free donut with purchase. The Treat Shop RVA is giving a free donut to every new customer. Last but not least, Sugar Shack is sure to have some fun limited edition flavor and rumor has it if wear a Sugar Shack shirt you’ll get a freebie! Sugar Shack is my favorite Richmond donut shop and was named 7th best donut shop in the nation!
DONUT DAY FUN
Thankfully there are a lot of fellow donut loving bloggers (especially Studio DIY!) out there which means a never ending supply of donut related fun. I’ve complied a list of a few donut day activities to celebrate with if you’re feeling crafty this Friday!
- Printable donut stickers
- DIY donut purse
- Make your own donut balloons
- Turn an IKEA rug into a donut
- Donut sunglasses anyone?
- DIY donut pillow
- What about a big floppy hat?
- Put a donut on the elbows of your sweater
Juuuust kidding! We’re still on Whole 30! Have an awesome donut day and eat some donuts for me!