◦ Use my camera more I love taking photos, I take a ton but they are almost always taken on my phone. I brought my DSLR to New York City with us in December and I didn’t touch it once. I don’t know if it’s the convenience of my phone usually being in my hand or what but I would love to get back into taking more photos on my DSLR along with my film cameras.
◦ Track my bike rides A long time ago I installed an app on my phone that tracks the distance you travel on your bicycle each time you ride. It’s been sitting unused for quite some time now, this year I’d love to put it to use. I’m interested in seeing how far I travel on my bicycle and how many miles my short trips to class add up to each week.
◦ Get a passport Bonus points if I actually put it to use – I’d love for Cameron to be able to take me to Canada. A couple of years ago Cameron and I went and got our passport photos taken but never actually applied for passports. We were supposed to have gone on a cruise but when the plans fell through we saw no use for passports, at that time, and our photos were left to collect dust.
◦ Take better care of myself I’m not the best at taking care of myself especially considering I have a chronic illness. I usually make goals to take better care of myself but this year it needs to actually happen. I’m getting older and need to stop taking health for granted. Taking one of my medications, on average, once a day when it’s meant to be taken three times that isn’t gonna cut it anymore. (sorry mom)
◦ Stop neglecting my blog I put a lot of work into creating this website and I need to stop neglecting it. – What would you guys enjoy reading on Dimes and Donuts in 2016? Let me know here, I’d love to hear your feedback!
◦ Back up “my life” By this I mean purchase an external hard drive and back up everything on my laptop, which basically contains my life. There are years worth of photos, school assignments, and other documents which I will need in the future. *knock on wood* If anything were to happen to my hard drive I’d be screwed.
◦ Create a gallery wall I’ve wanted to create a gallery wall on the huge open wall above the other side of our couch since I posted the tour of our living room… months ago. I have so many beautiful prints just chilling in random places of our condo, they deserve to be shown off.
Happy New Year! What are your goals for 2016? I love hearing what other people want to accomplish.
ps, If you didn’t catch it up there, I’d love to hear your feedback! I created a one question survey where I would love to hear what you would or wouldn’t like to read on Dimes and Donuts this year.